Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The pictures of the buildings were very interesting. I have never been to most of those places so, so that beautiful architecture opened up a near world for me. I really could appreciate the architects work; those buildings are full of creativeness and artistry. One of my favorites was definitlythe building that was made to look like a face. I liked it because since it looks like an animal using anthropomorhism it looks realy naturalized. Even something like a mechanichal can opener looks more apealing if it looks like a rabbit. I like the urbane urbanism also because really reminds me of home. I live in an apartment building in new york and i see this alot wiht the new buildings around me; urbane urbanism some what feels homey. I would love to visit the part of france where the glass pyramid is in the middle of the taditional catherdral. i think radical ecleticism is very thrilling and throws people off when they see it. It really suprises me that the architect can have the audacty to put their artwork somehwere random like that because some people tend to hate things like that, because its so different.

1 comment:

CMC300 said...

For some reason your title did not appear? I don't know who wrote this so I can't give you credit! Email me at RAlbergo@rollins.edu and let me know who you are. I am glad you found class so interesting. I also agree with you when you said anthropomorphism makes things more appealing and fun. Make sure you reread your post for errors and also remember posts must be a minimum of 300 words.

-Starfish